Martha Stewart Featured Wedding
Designing a wedding is always exciting because it’s a unique reflection of the two people who are joining lives. But what is even MORE exciting is when your designs make it onto the pages of national magazine Martha Stewart Weddings! This stunner was the creative work of wedding planner Diana Ma and bride Vanessa (Steckman) Finger.
A year ago, Vanessa and Mike tied the knot at Strawbery Banke and celebrated their nuptials at Harbour Place in Portsmouth, NH under bluebird skies and surrounded by friends and family. Vanessa took advantage of the blank canvas that a Sperry Tent provides by added lots of pink, silver and teal throughout the wedding decor, including a teal and pink candy bar, signature electric blue cocktails and a teal electric guitar signed by all their guests! A truly creative young woman with a naturally artistic eye, Vanessa had an amazing vision for her wedding and combined with the execution of Diana Ma and the incredible photography of Meg Hamilton – this wedding was destined to be nationally recognized from the moment Vanessa said yes.
I had the awesome pleasure of being a part of this wedding and managing the venue for the day. Truthfully, I’ve seen a few weddings in my day as both a planner and as a guest, and I rarely get emotional. But I couldn’t help from dabbing that tissue at numerous times throughout this one. First, Vanessa and Mike are so fully in love, it’s almost magical to see them together. Second, Vanessa had her grandparents in attendance and surprised her grandfather with cupcakes to celebrate his 90th birthday (tear inducer right there) and third, there was the incredible anniversary dance that I love so much.
All the couples slowly made their exit off the dance floor as the numbers of years together increased, and at the end – in the middle of our 46′ Round underneath a sea of paper stars – stood Vanessa’s grandparents clinging to each other, barely swaying to the sweet melody crooning through the speakers. Their eyes were closed as each held the other in the sweetest embrace. When the music ended and the DJ lead the congratulatory applause, they carefully let go of each other, their eyes sparkling as they smiled, clasped their hands together, and carefully took their seats once more to watch their darling granddaughter dance the night away with the love of her life.
THANK YOU to all of the amazing vendors who took part in this day. Each detail was executed with care and perfection – down to Betsy at the Flower Kiosk returning to the venue on Sunday morning to donate the extra flowers to the local nursing home. This wedding could not have been such a success without all of you!
- Invitations and Wedding Stationary, designed, crafted and created by the bride herself at her company Giftable Designs, Portsmouth, NH
- Wedding Coordination by , Diana Ma Weddings & Events, Hooksett, NH with assistance from Terri Steadman from Favors with Flair
- Hotel Room Gift Bags courtesy of Maine-Ly New Hampshire, Portsmouth, NH
- Calligraphy by Tucci Cursive, New York, NY
- Catering by Flavor Concepts, Dover, NH
- Signature drink machine provided by NH Margharita Man
- Floral Design from the fabulously fab The Flower Kiosk, Portsmouth, NH
- Wedding Cake by The Well Dressed Cake, Epping, NH
- Officiant, David Tomkinson, North Hampton, NH
- Photography by Rodeo and Co, Landaff, NH
- Hair and Make-up in Dover, NH by Jen Macek and Joya Beauty
- Bicycles borrowed from The Ale House Inn, Portsmouth, NH
- Ceremony at Strawbery Banke, Portsmouth, NH
- Reception venue at One Harbour Place, Portsmouth, NH
- Tents and star lantern installation provided by Sperry, Portsmouth, NH
- Rentals by Be Our Guest Party Rental and lounge furniture from AFR