Here is a fun article about how wedding costs can get crazy. There are advantages choosing an outdoor wedding under one of our many tents. Sperry Tents of the Seacoast offers The elegant Sailcloth tent, or a coastal clear tent for your reception under the stars. We service New Hampshire, Maine and North Shore of Massachusetts. Give us a call and find out how the Sperry experience will make your outdoor tent rental carefree, so you can concentrate on enjoying your big day.
- Americans spend, on average, $33,391 on their weddings, according to The Knot’s 2017 Real Weddings Study. And that’s not even including the amount they spend on an engagement ring.
The cost of a wedding depends on a wide variety of factors, including the amount of guests, the ceremony site, the time of year, the decor, and of course, the city that you decide to host the wedding in.
While there’s a current trend in hosting fewer guests, the average cost per guest is increasing, due to couples wanting to create a unique and memorable experience for all those involved, The Knot found.
The tradition of the bride’s family paying for the wedding isn’t rapidly changing. “On average, the bride’s parents contribute 45% (56% for high spenders) of the overall wedding budget; the bride and groom contribute 41% (28% for high spenders); and the groom’s parents contribute 13% (15% for high spenders),” says the study.
In some places across the US, the average wedding cost is much lower than the national average. In New Mexico, for example, the average wedding cost is almost half the national average at $17,584. But some places spend much more.
The Knot’s 2017 Real Weddings Study looked into which cities and regions across Americans are shelling out the most cash for their big day. Click through to see the top 25 places where the average wedding cost is higher than the national average.
- NEW YORK – MANHATTAN: $76,944
- NEW JERSEY – NORTH/CENTRAL: $62,074
- NEW YORK – LONG ISLAND: $61,113
- NEW YORK – WESTCHESTER/HUDSON VALLEY: $55,357
- MASSACHUSETTS – CAPE COD: $55,083
- RHODE ISLAND: $52,777
- ILLINOIS – CHICAGO: $52,332
- CONNECTICUT: $47,435
- NEW YORK CITY – BOROUGHS OUTSIDE OF MANHATTAN: $46,808
- PENNSYLVANIA — PHILADELPHIA/DELAWARE: $46,211
- CALIFORNIA – LOS ANGELES: $44,142
- LOUISIANA – NEW ORLEANS: $41,167
- MASSACHUSETTS – BOSTON: $40,667
- FLORIDA – SOUTH: $40,634
- NEW JERSEY – SOUTH: $40,231
- DC — WASHINGTON DC/NORTHERN VIRGINIA/SUBURBAN MARYLAND: $39,465
- CALIFORNIA – SAN FRANCISCO/GREATER BAY AREA: $39,329
- HAWAII: $38,984
- CALIFORNIA – SANTA BARBARA/VENTURA: $38,025
- CALIFORNIA – ORANGE COUNTY/INLAND EMPIRE: $37,050
- MARYLAND – BALTIMORE: $36,305
- MICHIGAN – DETROIT: $35,843
- PENNSYLVANIA – PITTSBURGH/SOUTHWEST: $34,928
- CALIFORNIA – SAN DIEGO: $34,722
- ILLINOIS – CHICAGO SUBURBS: $34,675